Gain insight into the nature of giving in the United States
We are delighted to launch the Charitable Giving in the USA 2019 report, looking at how individuals give across the United States. The report provides unique insight into how people give, their motivations and which causes they support.
KEY FINDINGS INCLUDE:
- Compared to 2017, more people in this year’s survey report taking part in charitable activity during the last 12 months (70%, up from 62% in 2017);
- More than six in ten (62%) Americans gave money in the last 12 months, either by donating to a charity, by giving to a church/religious organization, or by sponsoring someone. This is also significantly higher than the level in 2017, when we reported that 55% had done so;
- Religious organizations remain the most popular cause to donate to in America (38%);
- More than a third (35%) have volunteered in the last year, up from 31% in 2017. Religious organizations/churches are again the most popular cause (36%) in which to volunteer;
- The majority of Americans believe that charities have had a positive impact on their local communities, on the USA as a whole, and internationally.
Download the full Charitable Giving in the USA report. Interested in Canada? Click here