COVID-19 and Giving Tuesday Messages from Around the World
Ted Hart, President of CAF Canada and President & CEO of CAF America, sat down with nonprofit leaders from Hong Kong, São Paulo, Belgium, the United States, and Canada to discuss the importance of Giving Tuesday and the effect of the Covid-19 global pandemic on their work and this important international day of charitable giving.
Global Charity Expert Guests:
- Gabrielle Kirstein, Founder and Chief Executive, Feeding Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- Alanna Wallace, Head of Development, Planeterra (Toronto)
- Angela Frigo, Secretary General, European Food Banks Federation (Brussels)
- Carla Nobrega, Director of Development, Habitat for Humanity Brazil (São Paulo)
- Carlos Lejnieks, President and CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson, & Union Counties (NY)
#GivingTuesday is a global call for action dedicated to giving back. It marks the beginning of the year-end charitable season and it helps balance out the consumer holidays of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Engaging every country on earth, #GivingTuesday is the biggest generosity movement of all time.
CAF America's recent report, the SDG Giving Landscape, explored the critical role which philanthropy has in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Looking at the cumulative data since the SDGs went into effect (January 1, 2016 - April 30, 2019), the report found that CAF America's donors provided the greatest level of support to:
- SDG 4 | Quality of Education | 22.26%
- SDG 3 | Good Health and Well-Being | 18.89%
- SDG 11 | Sustainable Cities and Communities | 12.79%
- SDG 1 | No Poverty | 9.60%
- SDG 15 | Life on Land | 9.32%
On this #GivingTuesday, we celebrate our donors and grantees for their efforts to bring humanity a bit closer to achieving peace, prosperity, and a sustainable world. We invite you to browse the Goals below to learn about the inspiring work of this worldwide network of organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible funding through CAF America.
You can support the Goals below!