In 2021, US donors donated over $2.7 billion on Giving Tuesday. As your organization plans your Giving Tuesday outreach for 2022, CAF America is here to support and provide you with the tools to access tax-effective charitable donations from your US donors. To help aid in your organization’s planning, we have put together some resources that we encourage you to use in your outreach on social media and through email.
If you have been approved as eligible to receive grants from CAF America, this can enhance your appeal to new American donors who may not realize they can receive a tax-deduction by giving to CAF America and suggesting your organization as the grant recipient. Below are some ideas you can use in your marketing materials to help make this clear in your outreach to current and potential donors.
Reaching out to donors, volunteers, and community members through email is often the best way to get your organization’s message out. Whether through a newsletter or individual emails to supporters, your organization will be able to clearly communicate your Giving Tuesday Activities, share the CAF America donation link, and to invite them to get involved.
As you plan your organization’s Giving Tuesday outreach, below are some helpful tips to make sure you get the most out of email marketing:
- Reach out supporters from email addresses they are familiar with or are already in their contact book. If you email supporters from a new email address, or one that is not connected to your organization, the email might be seen as spam or not trustworthy.
- If you are sending a newsletter, only reach out to contacts who have opt-ed into your email lists. Each country has their own laws and regulations on who you can send email marketing to, but as a general rule, do not put new contacts on your email marketing lists.
Sample email language about CAF America
To help when drafting your organization’s email outreach, our team has put together a short description of your relationship with CAF America and how donors in the United States can take advantage of tax deductible donations to your organization. We encourage you to use this language in your donation campaign to highlight your status as a Validated Organization, and to appeal to American donors.
(Organization name) is proud to be able to accept tax-deductible donations from American donors in partnership with CAF America as a validated organization. As a US public charity, CAF America is able to accept funds from US donors who can then recommend that CAF America use those funds to support foreign charitable organizations like (organization name). Please visit our donation page on CAF America’s website at (DonorView Link) to get started on making your tax effective donation today. All donations will receive a tax deductible receipt upon completion.
Social media is a powerful tool to share your organizations’ impact with current donors and new donors alike. If your organization has social media accounts that are not frequently used or your organization does not have any, Giving Tuesday is a great opportunity to launch your social media marketing. To help amplify your organization's work and social media presence, Any social media post that tags CAF America will be reposted by our accounts.
CAF America has LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook accounts that we use daily to communicate our current initiatives, share upcoming events, and interact with our valued donors, grantees, and other partners. Based on our experiences and analysis of these platforms, here are some helpful suggestions for getting the most out of you Giving Tuesday Campaign on Social Media:
- Ask your social media followers to share stories of why they support your organization. Retweet their replies!
- Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday to show up on the feeds of a wider audience.
- Encourage donors, team members, and those in your community to follow your organization on your social media accounts.
- Try to share photos, a graphic, or a designed tile with each of your social posts. By sharing images, social media users are more likely to interact with your post and you can tell the story of your organization’s work better.
CAF America would like to amplify the impactful work of your organization and your Giving Tuesday campaigns on social media. Every #GivingTuesday post on social media will be liked and reposted by our CAF America accounts on either Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Tag us at the handles below!
Sample Social Media Posts
- #GivingTuesday is coming up on November 29. Stay tuned for updates from our team on how you can support (Organization) and our impact on (Organization work)
- Sign-up for our email newsletter so you can receive updates on how you can support (Organization’s work) on #GivingTuesday. [Newsletter sign-up link]
- As a validated organization with @CAFamerica, donors like you can make a US tax-effective contribution to support our work in (organization’s impact). Make a contribution today ahead of #GivingTuesday. [CAF America donation link]
- Only ___ days until #GivingTuesday! The (Organization name) team has been working hard to prepare (event or initiative details). To continue to support our work, make a US tax effective contribution here with @CAFamerica [CAF America donation link].
- Today is #GivingTuesday! Support our commitment to (organizations work) by making a contribution to (organization’s goal) here with @CAFAmerica [CAF America donation link]
- Thank you to all of our supporters who helped make yesterday’s #GivingTuesday a success! With your contributions we are able to (organization’s goal).
- If you missed #GivingTuesday, there is still time to make a contribution with @CAFAmerica to support (organization’s goal). [CAF America donation link]
As a valued partner, CAF America encourages donors and foreign charitable organizations to display their association with CAF America on their website and other promotional materials. If your organization is interested in using the CAF America logo in your Giving Tuesday Campaign, we’ve included our logo in this resources packet. In order to use our logo, we ask for your organization to follow the guidance below”
- The logo should not be stretched, skewed, cropped, given a shadow or subjected to any other effects and edits.
- The CAF America logo should be linked to www.cafamerica.org when possible.
If your organization is using our logo in a way that violates the above guidance, we will ask your organization to remove our logo from your promotional materials.
If you are eligible for the CAF International Validated Organization Badge, we ask that you use the badge instead of the logo as the badge allows your stakeholders to read more information about the validation process and access your directly linked certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact the CAF America office at (202) 793-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org